henriette . aka . luna

17.7.06

May 2006

COSTA RICA
zone South


Only 3 times I hit
my hand with the hammer
– not too bad for a women!?!

How ever, as soon as I had the cylinder head off the engine – the order for Royal Enfield USA is set.

These awesome guys told me straight away that they will send me the stuff.

The ‘waiting’ time I used to explore the area around.
Some towns further south there is an 'OK' hostel and some stuff to do.
I meet at the accommodation some nice travellers and we spend a pleasant time together.
I climb riverbeds up stream to water falls, hike dirt roads up to the mountains and enjoy the beautiful beach.

This ‘peninsula’ is called whale tail. On low tide the sand, rock and coral combination looks like a huge whale tale.

After these days I hitch back to dominical where Fusae is and also the parts should come in. I do get a ride from an older guy. We discover that he is German in origin and grew up less then a hour drive where I’m from.
He is an engineer and raced motorcycles when he was young. Straight away he offers me to give me a hand and I also could stay at his house....


We pick up the parts in San Jose and after our return I move in.


Fusae gets taken apart in 100 pieces at a nice spot close to Georges planes.



He fly’s ultra light tours here in Costa Rica since 10 years.


We celebrate the one year travel anniversary with home made apple strudel and champagne. .



All the time we work a bit at my motorcycle, visit some people or go somewhere.

George is also a member of the tourism chamber.



At the last may weekend we go to a meeting where I am welcome to join.

First we drive to Sierpe, From there on we go by boat thru the labyrinth of the mangroves.

The final difficulty for the boatman – we are ’surfing’ on top the waves from the river to the open ocean.

So cooool.
These guys know what they are doing with their boats!

We reach Drake Bay save – wow even hot water showers here – what a luxury in pure nature!

The nature beauty is just stunning and also some animals are to spot.

Evenings there is a beach soccer game going on and it looks they want to show up before the world cup starts.
This country is crazy about soccer especial when they made it to the world cup champion ship in Germany.


Back in the house in Uvita I make myself in the household useful and work on little projects all the time.

For some days a remodelling of table and chairs keep me busy.
I like it to do something while we are waiting for more parts.

An other project is to get a hammock and mosquito net for it done.


We buy the material at a store at the border and bring it roughly done to the lady in town which has got a sawing machine to do a proper job.

It should be for south America, I want to stay malaria free if possible.

The ‘tropicalisation’ was already enough. My body reacts in this humid heat (all the time 25-32 ‘C & 56-83% humidity) with itchy spots all over.
When I travel I don’t get things like that. All the time there is a climate change of different elevation.


But I’m already too long here and it would be easy to get stock, find a job or just get lost in time.
The rainy season started as well, and sometimes it rains cats and dogs
I prefer to get my bike fixed and be on the road again.
I’ll see when it can go on with Henriette alias LUNA on the road.

Once more greetings from Costa Rica
......who thought that .......

....... I didn’t !